Sunday 6 October 2013

Why Blog about Tutoring?

It seems everyone is either blogging or sharing their opinion in some way through social media or by just commenting on every news article you read.  So why am I creating a blog on, of all things, helping children achieve their full potential?  Why blog about tutoring?

The aim of this blog is two-fold.  The first is to post and comment on items I come across that I find interesting or think it may be of interest to some people.  I'm not sure who the audience is, but I am thinking you are involved in education in some capacity- you're a parent who is concerned about your child's development; or you are a tutor looking for resources for your toolbox; or you may be someone looking at entering the education profession as a education assistant, teacher, or volunteer and care about issues in education.  I envision the makeup of the audience as such because I am all of these - parent, tutor and aspiring teacher.  Ideally, each post will provide a forum for discussion and a springboard for future posts.

Secondly, I am blogging to support my private tutoring business.  Blogging is yet another way to connect with the parents of my students.  It is an opportunity for parents to gain some insight into my philosophies on education, how I feel about certain issues relevant to learning and how they can get involved in their children's learning.  There are a myriad of things a parent can do outside the hour long tutoring session to help their children "take it to the next level."

No comments:

Post a Comment